Like last year, Hyatt has released their rebate offer for points redeemed at their hotels. This offer of 10% back may not seem like much but with the elimination of the 1,000/500 points Diamond amenity offer, it can definitely help to get back some of the points for cardholders! Check out the new 10% Hyatt rebate offer!
10% Hyatt Rebate
Here’s how it works:
1. Register for this cardmember-only promotion by June 30, 2017 (use the link above to register)
2. Redeem your points for free nights, Points + Cash stays or toward room upgrades, dining and spa services completed between June 1 and September 5, 2017.
3. You’ll get 10% of your redeemed points back as Bonus Points. They’ll automatically be deposited into your World of Hyatt account after your points have been used.
Existing Reservations & New Cardholders
The best part is that this will work for existing reservations and if you do not yet have the Hyatt card, you can still get it to take advantage of this offer for upcoming bookings! Now, I would not apply for the Hyatt card specifically for this reason but if you have a lot of point stays coming up in the next few months, this could be quite lucrative.
Stack With World of Hyatt Promo
Do not forget about the promo going on now for double points (after the first stay) when you stay at Hyatt properties through June 30, 2017. To make that work in conjunction with this 10% rebate promo, it would have to be a Points+Cash booking (unless you use your Hyatt points for dining/spa services). Since just about every single one of my Hyatt bookings are Points+Cash bookings, that won’t be too difficult for me! I already have many nights booked so will be looking forward to taking advantage of both promos.
How Much Is This Promo Worth?
I would certainly not just start spending Hyatt points to take advantage of this but it does change the math for some of the higher end properties, especially. consider the Category 7 properties. They run 30,000 points per night (or 15,000 points and $300 per night – a pretty steep price). If you were to spend 4 nights at such a property, you would spend 120,000 points but would get back 12,000 points with this promo! That is enough for 2 free nights at a Category 1 or a free night at a Category 3! Not bad!
Of course, you will have to check your own travel plans to see if this will bring a Hyatt redemption into the value park for you. But, at the very least, go sign up for the promo now to take advantage when it begins!
Terms and Conditions:
- The promotion is valid only for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers in good standing who receive this promotion offer from Hyatt and register for the promotion between 5/23/2017 and 6/30/2017.
- To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- Only points redeemed between 6/1/2017 and 9/5/2017 will be eligible for this promotion.
- If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by 9/5/2017.
- You will receive 10% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points you redeem for award stays, points + cash, suite upgrades, dining and spa services during this period.
- Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to be loaded into your World of Hyatt account
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.