Before the question comes up, yes, this card as the Amex Platinum Mercedes Benz is considered a different product than the regular Amex Platinum card. That means if you have had the regular Platinum card before, you will still be okay to get this and the bonus now.
75K Membership Reward Points with the Amex Platinum Mercedes Benz
It has been a little while since a nice, higher bonus was available publicly on an Amex Platinum card. This version, the Mercedes Benz, is always available at the 50,000 point level (better than the standard 40K with the regular Platinum card) but now until June 22, that is up to 75,000 Membership Reward points!
- Earn 75,000 Membership Reward points after spending $3,000 in 90 days
- Receive a $1000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases, good toward the future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz‡
- Up to 2,000 excess miles waived at lease-end on leases through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services‡
- $100 certificate at renewal of your Card account, good toward Genuine Mercedes-Benz Accessories‡
- Annual fee of $475 (this is $25 more than the regular Amex Platinum card)
- Bonus offer not available if you have had this particular card before (Mercedes Benz)
- Expires June 22, 2016
- Offer Page & Application Page (if the offer says something about an error when you select the Application, open it in a private browser like Google Incognito)
This card, being an Amex Platinum card, comes with all the regular benefits as well. These include such things as elite status in various programs (Hilton, SPG, National, Avis, Hertz) as well as the fantastic $200 airline credit each year and the $100 Global Entry credit. It also includes the regular access and perks that come with the Amex Platinum card like Delta Skyclub lounge access when flying Delta and access to the wonderful Amex Centurion lounges. See this page for a rundown on the various benefits on the Amex Platinum card.
This is a great card that I have had a couple of times before (not the Mercedes Benz version). I believe this is the highest bonus on the Amex Platinum Mercedes Benz card ever so this could be a good time to go for this one.
If you would like the American Express Platinum card for the benefits and perks but do not want to pay the annual fee, you can always apply for the American Express Platinum Ameriprise card. This card has no annual fee the first year and comes with the full strength of the Amex Platinum card. You can find that card here.