It is not uncommon to see some pretty good bonuses on Apple and airline shopping portals but this is one of the largest (the largest?) non-stacking bonus payouts in a while. If you were in need of some new gear from Apple, this could be the time to do that – maybe. Read more below to see if this is the deal for you.
Awesome Apple Bonus – Earn 10 Miles Per Dollar!
There is actually a nice grouping of offers available. American Airlines is offering the most at 10 miles per dollar but United and Alaska are not far behind with 8 miles per dollar. Below are the links – remember that this is for today only!
- American Airlines Portal – 10 Miles Per Dollar on Apple
- Alaska Airlines Portal – 8 Miles Per Dollar on Apple
- United Airlines Portal – 8 Miles Per Dollar on Apple
Here is the list of exclusions that the payouts will not cover:
Terms and Conditions:
- Rewards are issued by the portal site, not Apple.
- Products not eligible for rewards are 16-inch MacBook Pro, AirPods Pro, gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping.
- Orders purchased on the Government or Military and Veteran’s Stores are not eligible for additional rewards.
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
- Purchases made with a gift card may be ineligible.
The big takeaways? Don’t use a gift card when purchasing or the 16 inch MacBook Pro and new AirPods Pro. But, all other Apple gear is fair game! That includes the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro phones!
Should You Take Advantage of This?
If you are eligible for the school discount, that would be a great time to use it. If it brought a $2800 iMac down to like $2,500, you would earn 25,000 American Airline miles – enough for a one-way to Europe during off-peak season!
But, consider this – there are some things that you should not buy with this deal. For one thing, I would not buy an iPad Pro. The reason for that is we often see deals for up to $150 or $400 off various models which would be a lot more than you would likely get out of the purchase from Apple.
Another thing I would not buy is a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air – without first checking Amazon for deals. There are times that they are available for $200 or more off. If you are not eligible for the education discount, you would be paying more to earn the miles. But, it could still be a good deal! For instance, if you were buying the $2,800 iMac from above, that would allow you to earn 28,000 American Airline miles – that would be worth at least $320 for most people and likely more if you know how to use them. So, if you were to buy from Best Buy that has a $200 discount on it sometimes, you would not be coming out ahead.
This equals the great rate we saw last month and it is a good time to buy if you are looking!