This offer has been around for a little while now but it is scheduled to end March 15, 2018. Chase offers do tend to be available a bit later sometimes but if this is a card offer you want, you may be better off jumping on it now.
United Airlines 55,000 Miles + $100 Statement Credit Card Offer
Good Time to Apply or Wait?
This is not the best offer on this card in the last year. Last year, it was at 75,000 miles plus $50. If you can wait, that offer would be better if you want the extra 20,000 miles. But, there are a couple advantages to this offer that may make you want to apply soon.
Here are the differences from last year’s 75,000 mile offer:
- This current offer has $50 more in statement credit ($100 vs $50)
- This current offer is public (last year’s was targeted, though widely so)
- This current offer has the $95 annual fee waived the first year (not last year’s offer)
Altogether, the differences come down to this – applying for the higher 75,000 mile offer (if it comes around again soon and you are targeted) would essentially be the difference of you buying those extra 20,000 miles for $145. That is still a really nice deal but if you want to keep more money in your pocket, this current offer is likely a better one for you.
Why Is This Offer Different From Others?
This current offer is set to expire March 15. This link above is the only way to get the $100 statement credit and it isn’t available through my affiliate links, referral links, or other bloggers’ links. So, if you want that $100 back, make sure you use the link above (which is not an affiliate link, to be clear).
Why is the $100 statement credit available just through the above link (which can be found during the booking process) and not from other sources? The reason is basically that Chase is giving you the card applicant the $100 instead of giving it (or more) to bloggers as an affiliate payout.
- 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- 5,000 bonus miles when you add the first authorized user* and make a purchase in the first 3 months your account is open
- $100 statement credit after your first purchase
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free first checked bag
- Priority boarding
- No fees on foreign transactions
- 2 United ClubSM passes each year for your travel
- Premier upgrades on award tickets (for the primary card holder who is also a United Premier elite member)
- This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
- The Chase 5/24 rule does apply to this card – if you have 5 or more new accounts with any issuer in the last 24 months, you will not be eligible for this offer.
Is this a good offer to apply for? It really depends. If you want to hold out and do not mind paying a difference of $145 for the extra 20,000 miles (if the 75K offer returns the same as it did last year), the skip this offer. But, I do think it is a pretty good offer, especially for anyone that wants to accrue United miles now and at little cost.
Using 50,000 United miles does not get you what you used to be able to get – for business class. But, there are still plenty of ways to use 55,000 United miles to fly the world in coach or get a really healthy start towards a business class ticket.
Do you plan on applying for this offer or waiting?
Featured image courtesy of Markus Mainka / Shutterstock.com