Welcome back to another new week! Things are finally getting back to normal a bit for me so expect more regular posting going forward (including putting this summary back on Sunday evening!).
In the running world, it was a pretty great week with Boston Marathon taking place this past Monday and the London Marathon yesterday. If you want to run one of these major marathons, hopefully you realize by now that the cost of travel does not have to be a limiting factor!
Miles, Points, & Travel
- Find Elite Status That Just Doesn’t Go Away & If You Have It Already! – Elite status can be very helpful when traveling. Fortunately, there are some elite status levels that just seem to hang around for a long time – even when you do not qualify! Find out how to find if you still have elite status and how you could get that status in the first place.
- Act Fast! $25 Back On $100+ At Staples With Amex Offer – While this offer is now gone for those that did not save it, this is a pretty great offer! I have already used some of mine to grab some eBay gift cards – 25% off anything on eBay I buy with those cards! If you got this offer, you can buy a host of different gift cards, including some available as electronic gift cards (except for Staples e-gift cards).
- JetBlue Sale From $49 – [Expired] Miss out on this sale? No worries! It should be back again in the next few weeks!
- Hilton Points On Sale Today – But A Better Option May Be Available For You – [Expired] While this opportunity was for one day only, you can still grab a bunch of Hilton points via credit card offers and referral offers as well as another opportunity to buy points on sale directly from Hilton.
- Limited-Time TopCashBack Bonus – Great For You & Your Friends – This is a great chance to get some extra referral cash and help your family/friends get involved in the shopping portal excitement!
- Passenger Legislation That Should Never Have To Be – The Senate passed legislation this past week that would require airlines to put certain measures in place – measures which, frankly, should have been things the airlines had already done on their own.
- The SPG Moments Auction That Got Away – And I Am Glad! – SPG Moments are an incredible way to get extreme value from your Starpoints and I was really excited about one particular deal. Fortunately, it got away from me – it really was a good thing!
- The Great Bonus On The United Business Card Has Really Dropped – The best bonus on a United airlines credit card has finally dropped – to a really terrible level for people wanting to maximize their sign-up bonus offers.
- Many Hotel Points and Packages Still Available – Some Are Good! – The Daily Getaway packages continue today and some of them are still available from the last couple of weeks. Find out which ones you can still buy!
- Awesome Demonstration of Support for a Fellow Runner – Running is a great sport of camaraderie and this story just goes to show how true that really is.
- A Daily Getaway Deal I Am Interested In – And You Should Be Too! – [Expired] This one went very fast – too fast for me to get anything! Did you grab one of the packages?
- When A Deal Sounds Too Good To Be True… – It is a saying we all know but it is very often true. Here is a news story and personal story to show what can happen.
- Deal of the Day: Pebble Smartwatches On Sale – [Expired] This was a pretty great deal on the original/popular smartwatch.
- Daily Getaway Peek – The (Almost) Impossible Packages To Buy – Here is a look at the Daily Getaway packages of the week, including the (almost) impossible packages to buy this week.
Thanks for reading along! Hope everyone is clear of the snow and headed for a nice, sunny time!