I received an e-mail today about a new fall promo for Southwest. If you receive this promo as well, you can earn 2X points on Southwest flights this fall!
Earn 2X Points on Southwest Flights With This Promo
Link: Southwest Promo (only eligible for targeted individuals but read below)
This promo allows you to earn double the points on all revenue travel. The normal earning is this:
- 12 points on Business Select tickets
- 10 points on Anytime tickets
- 6 points on Wanna Get Away tickets
This this promo, that means a base fare of a Wanna Get Away price of $100 will earn a total of 1,200 Rapid Reward points. With Southwest points around 1.5 cents per point on redemption, that is like getting back $18 on your ticket.
Make It Even Better With Gift Cards!
To make it even better, you can buy Southwest gift cards at office supply stores with a Chase Ink card for 5X Ultimate Reward points per dollar. That $100 ticket will convert to 500 Ultimate Reward points which are worth a minimum of $5 and could be worth more like $10 depending on how you can do it.
You can also buy gift cards on eBay when they have sales (like this one for $92 for $100) and you will receive the same 5X points when you buy them with your Chase Ink card.
If you got the eBay gift card route during this sale, you will end up paying a new of $84.64 for a $100 gift card (when you calculate the eBay Bucks, gift card sale, Chase Ink 5X, and TopCashBack portal earnings).
Here are the terms of this Southwest promo (bolding mine):
- Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion.
- Offer is nontransferable.
- Member must register for this promotion between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016
- Registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel.
- Valid on new reservations for qualifying flights booked within the promotional time period.
- Member’s flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016
- For travel between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016 and completed between September 1, 2016 and November 18, 2016.
- A qualifying flight for Rapid Rewards is a one-way revenue flight booked through Southwest.com® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections. Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking.
- Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare.
- Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® fares, ten bonus points on Anytime fares, and six bonus points on Wanna Get Away® fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification.
- Member will receive bonus points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations® packages and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to this itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion.
Now, it will let you sign-up for this promo using this link here but it clearly says it is only valid for those that received the e-mail. If you have travel in mind, there is nothing to lose by registering but do not be upset if you do not get the points.