It is kind of funny – I put on Twitter a couple of weeks ago a tweet about an e-mail I received from Chase pushing their cards for use with Apple Pay. At a quick read, I thought it said 3X points with Apple Pay (like the US Bank Altitude Reserve offers). But, it did not. Still, I threw it up on Twitter saying how I was hoping it had been bonus points, so maybe this is why they are doing it now? 🙂 (kidding, of course!)
Chase Offers Bonus Points For Mobile Wallet Payments
This is a great deal if you value your Chase Ultimate Reward points as you can get a bonus point on top of all other points you would earn for various items. Here are the details:
- Get an additional point per $1 spent,
- Valid for Chase Pay®, Android Pay™, Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay
- Must be used between Oct. 4 and Nov. 4, 2017
- You will earn an additional point per $1 spent on purchases up to $1,500 in addition to the points you already earn
- Works with the Chase Sapphire, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and the Chase Sapphire Reserve
Obviously, Chase is making a move to get moved up in your digital wallet to a primary card for the next month – and then hoping you forget and keep on using it. 🙂 If you have the US Bank Altitude Reserve card and you use those points for travel, you are getting a 4.5% return when using that with your digital wallets. With those 3X points, it is definitely a winner.
But, I value my Chase points above all other bank points so will definitely move this up to be the primary Apple Wallet card for me – for a month.