There is a new Southwest sale here and this is the first Southwest sale of 2022 that opens up dates in the fall to sale prices as well! With prices starting at $39 one way, definitely take a look around and see if you can save on your current reservations or book new travel at a discount!
Big Southwest Sale for Summer and Fall Travel
Here are the details for the Southwest sale for summer and fall!
- Purchase from July 12 through July 21, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid August 16 through November 16, 2022, and November 29 through December 14, 2022.
- Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii valid August 16 through November 16, 2022, and November 29 through December 14, 2022.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid August 16 through November 16, 2022, and November 29 through December 14, 2022.
- International travel valid August 16 through November 16, 2022, and November 29 through December 14, 2022.
- Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Interisland Hawaii travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. International travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
As you can see, except for that little time of travel that we call the Thanksgiving travel season, this sale runs from August 16 – December 14. This is one of the widest sales from Southwest in a while and the first one to extend beyond August 31! This means it is a great time to book some cheaper flights for fall travel now!
Prices on airfare have been going up a lot lately, due in part to both demand and fuel costs. So, while this sale may not be as cheap as normal sales, any opportunity to save on airfare is going to be good. For the absolute cheapest routes, check out west in southern California, Phoenix, and Las Vegas.
But, if you want even cheaper, the island hopping flights in Hawaii are available for just $29 each way!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
Featured image is Atlanta, Georgia – April 3, 2019: Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-700 airplanes at Atlanta Airport (ATL) in the United States.