I normally do this summary on Sunday evening, but I confess that the Super Bowl distracted me a bit so I decided to put it out this morning instead. 🙂
As far as things in the miles and points world, last week was a bit on the slower side. Some openings of award space in premium cabins and things like that but nothing really exciting. Hopefully, you were able to either earn or use miles for something exciting, though!
Miles, Points, & Travel
- New Amex Offers & Amazon Deal On Headphones – While the headphones are no longer a deal, the Amex Offers can still be added and money can be saved. Watch for a post later today on stacking opportunities on one of those offers.
- Get Over 100,000 AA Miles With These 2 Cards – Before The Devaluation Strikes – The timing is tight, but if you act soon, you can get over 100,000 AA miles with these two cards and be able to use them before the devaluation next week.
- Is Buying Hilton Points With A 80% Bonus A Good Deal? – This “deal” ends today so if you are interested in getting more Hilton points, make sure you read this post first.
- United Personal Card Offer For 50,000 Miles [Targeted But More Widely Available] – If you want more United miles, this will help you find if you are among the many targeted for this increased offer.
- A Citi AA Card Offer For 60,000 Miles – Targeted But Possibly Matchable – If you have recently applied for the Citi AA Platinum Select card (at the 50,000 mile level), you should be able to get it matched to this 60,000 mile offer – an easy 10,000 miles just for the asking!
- Great Offer: Hilton Surpass Card With 85,000 Hilton Points – The Hilton Surpass card is the best way to get a lot of points with a credit card bonus when it is at its best offer and this is it. If you want Hilton points, and don’t want to pay for them, take advantage of this offer.
- Is Amex Walking Back Their Once Per Lifetime Policy? – For a while now, Amex has had a very customer-unfriendly policy of receiving one bonus per lifetime on personal cards. Now it appears that they may be walking that back with various offers.
- How Ridiculous Is The New Short Haul Avios Pricing For The US? – The new pricing for short-haul flights with Avios in the US is here – and some of it is absolutely ridiculous.
- Run Any Of The Fantastic Races In Beautiful Iceland This Summer! – If you want to join me, I will be running the Reykjavik Marathon this summer in beautiful Iceland! There are other distances as well but you should continue putting Iceland on your calendar this year – it is a fantastic country and these races are excellent.
- How Aegean Is Making Family Travel More Fun & Cheaper – It is nice to see airlines trying to make family travel a little bit easier (especially since it can really help all the passengers if small children can be distracted and quiet onboard!). Aegean is really setting itself up to make family travel more fun with these new measures.
- A New Universal Payment Card, LG’s White Card, May Be Unveiled This Month – A new party is jumping into the mobile payment world and it is a company with a strong electronics portfolio – LG. It will be interesting to see what their new White Card brings to the table and how well it performs.
- Review: The Intercontinental Sydney – A Fantastic Redemption – The Intercontinental Sydney is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location in Sydney. It is a really great redemption if you want to use your free night or even points.
- Apparently, A Passport Is Not Good Enough ID To Buy Gift Cards – The story of how neither my out-of-state driver’s license nor my passport were enough to prove who I was so that I could buy some Visa gift cards at OfficeMax.
- Missed Flights Due To … Tractors?! – Did you ever miss your flight because of tractors? Several people did and the delay causing tractors were quite a sight to behold!
- One Mile Never Felt So Good – When being sidelined by illness, resuming running can be a big deal. Especially the first mile – and that first mile for me felt really good!
That’s it for last week! Hopefully we see some great deals popping up this week and that you are able to use your miles or points for some really wonderful redemptions as well.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.