Amex has been filling their Offers tab with quite a few travel related offers over the last week or so. That is really nice to see as not all travel is going to be “free” travel – with miles and points. There are many times that we do need to pay for travel (or choose to pay because of a bad point redemption value) and these Amex Offers will certainly help with that.
Some of the below offers I have written about when they came out but because there are so many now, I thought I would include the previous hotel offers with the new offers so that you can see them all at once and check your particular cards for those offers.
Some of these are targeted offers so check every one of your Amex cards to see if you have it on any of them.
Accessing the Amex Offer
Log in to your American Express account and click on any of the cards you have in the account. Scroll down to the Offers portion and you should see the following offer waiting for you!
To maximize it, add the offer to separate cards, simply login to your American Express account and then choose to duplicate the tab (if using Google Chrome) as many times as you have cards. Once they are all open, select a different Amex card in each tab and select to save the offer to the card.
Amex Offers For Travel
Air Travel Purchase
- Spend $300, get (some are getting $75 back, others getting $50 back in the offer)
- Must use by 9/15/15
- Valid on any airline purchase made directly with the airline
- Spend $600, get $100 back
- Valid on hotel bookings made at Amextravel.com
- Expires 9/30/15
- Offer not valid on Fine Hotels & Resorts or The Hotel Collections bookings. Offer not valid for any purchase made by using American Express Membership Rewards points. Not valid on book now, pay later hotels. Valid only on US Website
- Spend $2,000, get $400 back
- Expires 8/15 (tickets must be purchased by then, not flown)
- Valid only on purchase of airfare at Qantas’ US website (no vacation packages)
- Valid only online
- Enrollment limited (so add it quickly!)
Hilton Garden Inn
- Spend $150, get $30 back
- Expires 7/20/15
- Must use to pay for your room stay at Hilton Garden Inn hotels between 5/18/15 – 7/20/15
- May be able to buy Hilton gift cards at Hilton Garden Inn locations for stays at any Hilton hotels
- The offer cannot be used at Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton™, Curio – A Collection by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hampton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and Hilton Grand Vacations.
Hilton Hotels and Resorts
- Spend $350, get $75 back
- Valid for stays between July 9 – September 8
- Excludes Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton™, Curio – A Collection by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and Hilton Grand Vacations
- Reservations must be made online at hilton.com, via the HHonors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667
- Note: The terms also exclude gift cards but hotel offers in the past have given credit for gift cards when purchased at the hotels. Your mileage may vary on that.
The Pierre (NYC)
- Must stay between 6/1/2015 – 9/7/2015
- Must use at tajhotels.com/amexoffer
- There is no tax on the third night stay
- Dining credit of $50 included
Naples Grande Beach Resort
- Complimentary 4th Night
- Stay between 7/1 – 12/18
- Must book at naplesgrande.com/amex
- Use rate code AMEX4th
- Located in Naples, Florida
The Towers At The New York Palace
- Complimentary 4th Night
- Stay between 7/1 – 3/31/16
- Must book at newyorkpalace.com/amex2015
- Use rate code PRACH
- Located in New York City
- Get 20% off car rental (U.S. rentals only)
- Use at sixt.com/amex and use code XRCT714682325
- Rental must be completed by 10/31/15
- Valid for rentals 3 days or more
- Select “Pay upon arrival”
- Check terms for more
Groundlink – On Time Car Service
- Spend $150, get $40 back
- Spend 9/2/15
- Use at groundlink.com/amexoffer
- Groundlink can be a handy way to get around cities worldwide and this offer may make the transportation more reasonable. It is expensive in many places so check the rates of other agencies like SuperShuttle or Uber.