I found earlier this year that there were several dates that JetBlue offers their prestigious business class “Mint’ seats for under $300 to the Caribbean. In most cases, these seats are just a few dollars more than the basic economy and actually cheaper than the full economy price! With the schedule now pushed out to May 1, 2018, this is the time to lock in some of those cheap business class seats since they were just released!
Book JetBlue Mint From $263 to the Caribbean
The cheapest dates for flights from JFK to the Caribbean airports with JetBlue Mint are Saturdays (with an exception on the Wednesday following New Years). They are not this cheap on every Saturday but they are available on many of them! The airports with these cheap JetBlue Mint flights are:
- Bridgetown, Barbados (BGI)
- St. Lucia (UVF)
- Aruba (AUA)
There are also a few Saturdays with Boston working as the originating airport as well for $299.
These fares are insanely cheap, especially since they could cost just $50 more than regular economy! Plus, you get the extra bags, not to mention what is thought by many as the best domestic business class seat by US airlines!
Booking the JetBlue Mint Flights
You can book with either cash or points. Here are the prices for the $263 price point
- If using JetBlue points, it will cost 17,800 points.
- Cash, of course, is $263.
- You can also book with Ultimate Reward points for 17,533 points (if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, otherwise it will be 21,000 with the other UR cards).
- Another option is using Membership Rewards from the Amex Business Platinum card for 30,000 points with a 50% rebate so you will end up only paying 13,150 Membership Reward points (if you got your card after October of last year, otherwise it will be 30% rebate).
If you are headed to the Caribbean for some relaxation (I mean, that is why many people go!), no better way to head there than in JetBlue Mint! Having been to St. Lucia on my honeymoon, I can speak to how beautiful that location is if you wanted to jump on one of these cheap fares for there. And, look – 2 seats left! 🙂
Check out Google Flights to see what the prices are and the dates they are available. To make it easy, simply click this link to see it with the parameters already entered. After that, you can adjust the dates as you want.
Tip: Rows 1, 3, 5 have a 2 seat configuration while rows 2 and 4 have single seats with doors for the suites – if you want more privacy.