This is not the typical mileage report that frequent flyers are used to seeing – in fact, I would guess that anyone that reads a Boarding Area blog has flown more miles than this report shows!
No, this 2013 mileage report is about my running miles for 2013. Thanks to my activity log at Dailymile, they have put out my summary of my running activity for the year. This year was down quite a bit from 2012 but I had been nursing some injuries in 2013 and had to deal with things like a cross the ocean move. Hopefully, I stay healthy for 2014 and have a great running year!
My running in 2013 was a different kind of year. Here were some of the things that made it different:
- It was the first year in a longtime that I did not run an ultra (a race over 26.2 miles)
- It was the first time since I have started running that I had injuries that sidelined me for a number of weeks
- It was the first time that I ran 100 miles in 1 week on a treadmill
- It was the first year in which I did not run a marathon in the US
- It was the first year that I ran two official marathons on 2 continents
- I took first place in one AG and second place in another AG (different races:) and did not come close to setting a PR (personal record) in either one!
- I did set a PR in the half-marathon and was something I was really happy about!
All in all, 2013 was a good running year but I am hoping that 2014 shapes up to be even better than 2012 or 2013! Starting with Dubai, I hope that I really start to perform better in races of all distances and I really want to finish the year averaging at least 50 miles a week. Most of all, I want to stay healthy!
Have you checked your Dailymile Year-end Summary? How did you do?