Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Southwest normally releases their fare sales on Tuesdays but this sale just went live today. If you have travel in mind for Labor Day, this is exactly the sale you need.
Southwest Labor Day Sale Live
Most airline prices tend to go up around holiday weekends. To have Southwest run a sale for one of the busier travel weekends (Labor Day) is a nice touch to round out your summer. Fares are available as low as $49 (or 2,273 points) one way – even though the landing page says that fares are as low as $73. Granted, the cheapest of fares are for more of the short haul flights, but to have $49 tickets is always nice!
There are a few exceptions for cities served during this sale (not nice that they put my hometown of Rochester on the list!). Here they are:
- Panama City Beach
- Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- West Palm Beach
- Portland, ME
- San Juan, PR
The dates of this sale for travel are September 5-6 and 8. That lines up perfectly with your weekend travel and gives you an inexpensive air option for that holiday weekend.
Already Booked Travel?
Like all other Southwest sales, the prices are available using points or cash. Also, if you have already booked travel for that time frame, this is a good time to check your prices and rebook to save money (if you paid more). Changes are free with either points or cash.
- Purchase from July 31 through August 3, 2015, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel valid only on September 5 – 6 and September 8, 2015.
- Fares valid on nonstop service only.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from Panama City Beach; Midland/Odessa; Norfolk/Virginia Beach; West Palm Beach; Portland, ME; Richmond; Reno/Tahoe; Rochester; San Juan, PR.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® Fares.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.