Yes, we are now officially half through the year 2019 and, before you know it, the fall weather will be upon us! That means a lot of travel ahead for many to take advantage of that last whiff of summer, the beautiful fall foliage, maybe even some early skiing.
The Southwest July 4th Sale From $40 – With Dates All the Way Into December
Link: Southwest July 4th Sale
Southwest will help you out with that with this new July 4th sale that brings prices down a bit for travel all the way into the middle of December. So, time to check your current reservations and see if you can save money on rebooking them or book new travel!
Here are the details about the Southwest July 4th sale:
- Purchase from July 2 through July 4, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. and Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 3 through December 18, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through December 5, 2019.
- International travel valid September 3 through December 11, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, and November 30-December 2, 2019.
- Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22 through December 2, 2019.
This leaves a lot of the calendar open for booking with this Southwest sale! I just booked a couple of flights that I had been watching as they dropped a little bit and saved me some points on the award.
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.