While this may be another Tuesday Southwest sale, Southwest has put it forth as their Thanksgiving sale. For me, I am just always thankful that these sales are as frequent as they are so that I know I can always book whenever I want and then change the tickets later if/when the prices drop during a sale!
Southwest Thanksgiving Sale
Southwest Sale Details
- 14-day advance purchase required for continental U.S. travel; 21-day advance purchase for all other travel.
- Purchase from November 26 through November 28, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid December 10, 2019, through May 20, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid December 17, 2019, through May 20, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 13 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 throughMay 14, 2020.
- International travel valid January 7 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out December 21-23, December 26 – December 30, 2019; January 4-5, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out December 19, 2019 through January 6, 2020
The bad news with these sales as of late is that they do not include sale prices to/from the continental US and Hawaii. Still, if you are headed to Hawaii, you can definitely take advantage of inter-island sale prices from $39 – oh, and those prices do include the same 2 free bags you get on the mainland!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
featured image courtesy of Southwest