We are coming up into the fall marathon season and well into the summer racing series around the country. I know many of my readers are running in races both in their hometowns and around the US and the world. I thought it might be fun to post each week races that our readers will be running that weekend in a new post called Saturday Reader Races. I realize people might not want their full names on the site, so I can just list you as Runner or First Name or First Name + Last Name Initial or First Name, Last Name. I think it would be interesting to see where Running with Miles readers are racing and it can help to possible connect readers that are running the same races or looking for perspective on certain races.
So, here is how we will work it. E-mail me the information that I request below to email@example.com:
- Your name (similar to some variation listed above or just Runner if you choose not to have any part of your name listed)
- The race name and distance
- The location (city, state, country)
- Whether it is your hometown (yes or no)
- optional: If you are running a major marathon that has tracking available and you would like others to track you, you can list your bib number
- It can be any race – it does not have to be a marathon. Send me your race info whether it is a 5K or a 100 miler!
After each weekend of races, you can e-mail me again with your perspective of the race, should you desire, similar to a race report. If I begin to get a lot of them, I will select a few at random each weekend for the post on Saturday.
What do you all think? I know there are a lot of readers out there and I would like to make this be a little more interactive for all of us. I know it always helps me in my races when I know people know about my race and really helps when I am being tracked (so much so that I have been known to take my water/gel walking break just before the half-marathon split mat so I can have a little extra help with the negative split!).
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.