Another Tuesday and another Southwest sale! This means it is a great time to book new reservations or check on existing reservations to see if the prices have dropped.
New Southwest Spring Sale
Link: Southwest Spring Sale
Southwest Sale Details:
- 14-day advance purchase required for continental U.S. travel, 21-day advance purchase for all other travel.
- Purchase from January 28 through January 30, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid February 11 through May 20, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid February 18 through May 20, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid February 18 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
- International travel valid February 18 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
No black out dates for continental US travel! This is good as this date range leaves a lot of potential travel to be had and at sale prices!
Again this week, the $49 price can be seen from Atlanta to some other southeast airports, including Nashville. From that price, it goes up based on distance and market.
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
Featured image courtesy Southwest by Stephen M. Keller, 2017