While Southwest sales are not unusual, there are two kinds of sales that are better than others. One kind is the ones that come in June and October each year that are at semi-fixed prices based on distance and the other kind is when the sale schedule gets really pushed out.
The Latest Southwest Sale Starts at $49 One-Way and Is Good for Travel Into March, 2020!
Link: Southwest Sale
This latest Southwest sale is that last kind – this is the first sale from Southwest that gives you travel all the way into March of 2020 at sale prices! This means it is the time to buy for your trips for the next 7 months. Even if plans change, you can always cancel or rebook with no change fees!
Here are the details of this new Southwest sale:
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from August 27 through August 29, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid September 17 through March 4, 2020.
- Orange County (SNA) travel valid January 7, 2020 through March 4, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 10 through December 18, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 10 through December 5, 2019, and January 13, 2020 through March 5, 2020.
- International travel valid September 10 through December 11, 2019, and January 7, 2020 through March 5, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, November 30-December 2, December 19-23, December 26, 2019 – January 1, 2020; January 4-5, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22 through December 2, 2019.
Yes, there are a host of blackout dates, all centering around the big holidays through the end of the year. But, that doesn’t mean you should avoid checking those dates! I have found that they still have some pretty good prices on those “blacked out dates” even if they aren’t as good as the other sale dates.
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
Featured image of Southwest Airlines unveiling a Shark Week themed Boeing 737. // Stephen M. Keller, 2017