These weekly Southwest sales do not get people as excited as in times past in the coronavirus era but for those that do need/want to book travel, these sales can be quite helpful. Not only can they help but Southwest is actually a great airline to book with now for a few reasons.
New Southwest Sale
Link: New Southwest Sale
Southwest Sale Details:
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from August 18 through August 20, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid September 1, 2020, through February 10, 2021.
- Travel Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii valid November 1, 2020, through April 8, 2021.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 1 through December 3, 2020, and January 11 through March 4, 2021.
- International travel valid September 1 through December 9, 2020, and January 11 through March 4, 2021.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 28-30, December 18-19, December 23, December 26-27, 2020, and January 2-3, 2021.
- Travel from continental U.S. to Hawaii blacked out November 19-22, December 17-27, 2020; February 11-14, March 19-20, March 26-28, & April 1-3, 2021.
- Travel to continental U.S. from Hawaii blacked out November 27-30, December 26, 2020 to January 4, 2021, February 19-21, March 27-28, April 2-5, 2021.
I do have to say – given the current travel situation, I am surprised that Southwest is still keeping so many blackout dates. The good news is that, around Christmas, for example, December 20, 24, 28-January 1 are not blacked out. These dates normally would be so definitely look around the booking calendar if you want to go somewhere for Christmas/New Year’s.
But, this sale is legit for several city pairs that I always check. During some sales, they sit at $79 (down from $109) but during this one, they are right at $49 so, this time, we are buyers!
New Booking Calendar
Now, you can also book Southwest flights up through April 11, 2021. This sale only runs through February 10, 2021 but if you want to lock in some tickets for travel in March and April, this is a great time to do that.
Why Booking With Southwest is Great Right Now
Southwest is already the only US airline that gives every passenger 2 bags for free. They are also the only airline that has freely given refunds (to travel credit when booked with cash) or points back if you decide not to take a trip.
But, they also let you exchange your travel credit into points (which won’t expire the way the travel credit will) up through December 15. They also are blocking all middle seats through October 31 (at least). And, it is far easier to get refunds from them than it is other US airlines (and definitely easier than with international airlines).
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.