There is a new Alaska miles promo and you can get up to a 50% bonus when you buy miles! There are not a whole lot of miles I would suggest buying – even with sales – but Alaska still has some awesome redemption options. You could buy now with up to a 50% bonus!
Buy Alaska Miles and Get Up to a 50% Bonus
Here are the details of this buy Alaska miles bonus:
- Buy in the following amounts for bonuses (the different tier bonus amounts may be targeted – I got 50% on all of our accounts)
- Buy 10,000 – 19,999 miles and get a 20% bonus
- Buy 20,000 – 39,000 miles and get a 35% bonus
- Buy 40,000 – 60,000 miles and get a 50% bonus
- The bonus runs through December 21, 2018
- Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are qualified to participate.
- This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status
That one part is a little strange – that you have to have received this directly from Alaska Airlines. I got this offer via my affiliate link (above) and never received any e-mail about the bonus. Obviously, since the amount is given to me on the purchase page, it is valid.
You are limited to 60,000 miles purchased – per transaction. So, you could buy again and again if you really have some special redemption in mind. To max out this in one purchase with the 50% bonus, you will receive 90,000 Alaska miles for $1,773.75 – a value of 1.97 cents each.
As usual with mileage sales, be careful about buying miles speculatively! Award programs have and do devalue – sometimes without warning – and you don’t want your almost $2,000 purchase to not be worth it anymore!
Asia in Business From 50,000 Miles!
You can get deals like 50,000 miles one way from the US to Asia with Hainan Airlines or Cathay Pacific! Or fly Cathay Pacific in First Class for 70,000 miles! That could present some terrific value since you would essentially be paying $985 for a one way business class ticket on Cathay Pacific or Cathay Pacific first class for under $1,400!. That is certainly not for everyone (I won’t be doing it) but many people wouldn’t mind spending a little more than an economy ticket (for some destinations) to get a business class award!
Featured image is business class aboard Cathay Pacific, courtesy of Cathay Pacific
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.