American Airlines and British Airways both have promotions going on right now that are perfect if you have any travel planned to Europe this fall/early winter. In fact, you can earn up to 125,000 AA miles or British Airways Avios if you make 5 of those trips!
Earn Up To 125,000 AA Miles or BA Avios On Flights To Europe
Earn Up To 125,000 AA Miles
Here are the details for the promo on the American Airlines side (though both are similar):
- You can earn 25,000 bonus miles on First or Business Class fares, 7,000 bonus miles on Premium or Full-fare Economy fares (Y, B or H) and 2,000 bonus miles on other Economy fares on each round-trip between North America and Europe.
- Eligible for flights on American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, OpenSkies or US Airways
- Register prior to travel (*not prior to booking like BA requires!)using promotion code NAF15, purchase a qualifying First Class, Business Class or select Economy Class fare ticket and complete travel by January 31, 2016.
- Offer valid for travel from September 22, 2015, through January 31, 2016
- Registration Link
- See the link above for information on specific fare classes that qualify
Earn Up To 125,000 Avios
Here are the details for the 125,000 Avios offer – the biggest difference is that you must register for this one before you book travel (bolding mine):
- Register, then book a qualifying, round trip, transatlantic flight in any cabin and fly as an Executive Club Member between now and January 31, 2016.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Avios on first or business class fares, 7,000 bonus Avios on premium or full-fare economy fares (Y, B or H) and 2,000 bonus Avios on other economy fares when you fly to the UK and Europe.
- Travel must take place on flights operated by and marketed by British Airways, American Airlines, Finnair, Iberia, OpenSkies or US Airways
- Registration Link
- See the link above for more terms and conditions including the earnings by fare classes
HT: Will Run For Miles for Avios offer
If you are already booked on the cheap business class tickets to Europe that have popped up all year (and you should credit to AA if you already book them), then definitely sign-up for one of these promos! If you have not yet and want to earn some serious miles as well as see more of the world, keep your eyes open for sales that may yet come.
While similar promos in the past may have been more difficult to earn the big miles for not a ton of money, the fare sales that have been going on this year certainly put these bonuses more within reach. Now we just need more fare sales!