With the name like “Running with Miles,” you may assume that running is the only fitness thing I care about. In reality, I enjoy a multitude of fitness activities with the common denominator being that I like to be moving and try to be fit whenever I can.
Deal of the Day: Desk Cycle 2 – A Way to Workout While Seated
Link: Desk Cycle 2 – 30% Off (this is an affiliate link)
One of the absolute worst places for people during the day happens to be sitting – which many of us do, a lot! That is a lot of time without any workouts going on. Standing desks are a thing and are awesome but not everyone is able to do that. If you want a different solution, this Desk Cycle 2 (though more expensive than other – maybe cheaper-built – options) seems like an awesome way to workout while seated!
This thing has had some excellent reviews going back a few years so that makes me feel comfortable enough to mention it since it is on sale today only. It looks really cool and you should be able to put it under any desk or to use near a chair that you might often sit in. I also like this for people that have a hard time sitting on the seats for stationary bikes (since the really good seats could cost as much as the stationary bike itself!).
Here are some of the details about this Desk Cycle
- The DeskCycle-2 is the same top quality bike as the DeskCycle with the addition of the adjustable leg, a larger LCD 6-function display and a fresh new logo. Set the maximum pedal height to 10 inches like the DeskCycle, or drop it down to 9 inches to give you more desk clearance.
- Use at work or home – Use while on your phone, watching TV, playing video games or any time you’re sitting still and your legs are free. It’s great for general exercise and physical therapy.
- Smooth and Quiet Magnetic Resistance – Pedal away quietly without disturbing your coworkers or family members. The DeskCycle has ultra-smooth smooth pedal motion. This makes pedaling the DeskCycle an unconscious activity so you can focus your attention on your work or other activities. This is achieved by combining magnetic resistance and a precision flywheel with an effective weight of 40 lbs.
- The DeskCycle-2 will work at a desk as short as 27 inches. Persons over 5’10” will need a taller desk.
- Wide resistance range with 8 resistance levels – More than twice the resistance range of the other pedal exercisers; 8 calibrated resistance settings; from very easy to more than you need.