Here is another Southwest sale, this time, a really great one! I re-priced a couple flights already that were what I thought had been the best prices. Nope – today, I saved even more!
Awesome Southwest Sale from $39
Link: Southwest Sale
Southwest Sale Details:
- Purchase from August 25 through August 27, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid September 8, 2020 through February 10, 2021.
- Travel Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii valid November 1, 2020, through April 8, 2021.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 8, 2020, through April 8, 2021.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 8 through December 3, 2020, and January 11 through March 4, 2021.
- International travel valid September 8 through December 9, 2020, and January 11 through March 4, 2021.
- Continental U.S. and interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 28-30, December 18-19, December 23, December 26-27, 2020, and January 2-3, 2021.
The best prices I had seen on one of the preferred routes of mine in the past was $49. Now, it is down to a great $39! The $39 price is available on city pairs around the country!
Why Booking With Southwest is Great Right Now
Southwest is already the only US airline that gives every passenger 2 bags for free. They are also the only airline that has freely given refunds (to travel credit when booked with cash) or points back if you decide not to take a trip.
But, they also let you exchange your travel credit into points (which won’t expire the way the travel credit will) up through December 15. They also are blocking all middle seats through October 31 (at least). And, it is far easier to get refunds from them than it is other US airlines (and definitely easier than with international airlines).
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.