Southwest is taking a bit of a Thanksgiving breather from domestic sales, it appears. Instead, they have a sale for international destinations that starts at just $71. If you want to take some time this week (or even over Thanksgiving dinner as it does not expire until that night), talk with family and friends and plan a nice, tropical getaway this winter! Sure, many of the origination cities already have some great sunshine, but sometimes seeing it from an international beach just makes it look better!
A Southwest Sale for International Destinations from $71
Southwest Sale Details:
- Purchase from November 20 through November 22, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- International travel valid January 8 through March 6, 2019, and April 23 through May 16, 2019.
- International travel is valid Monday – Thursday.
- Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays
- Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays
- Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
The cheapest option is from Ft. Lauderdale to Grand Cayman – at just $71 for that one-way trip. The return will cost more but that is a great starting price! Of course, you can use points as well but remember that flights from these international destinations will have additional taxes and fees.
International flights are some of the best ways to really enjoy the Southwest Companion Pass as well! If you have not earned it yet and you want to plan it for next year, you could always book one ticket for yourself now and, as long as there is a seat on the flight, you can add that companion for free (with taxes and fees) anytime before your departure!
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.