Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Today, JetBlue sent e-mails out about an opportunity to receive their Mosaic status through a limited-time promotion. JetBlue only has one level – Mosaic – and does not offer upgrades like other airlines offer with their levels. However, there are some pretty good perks for JetBlue travelers that you may find will come in handy – not to mention the ability to receive an incredible bonus of 15,000 points!
JetBlue’s elite program offers several perks for their members. They are:
- Be fee free – JetBlue change and cancellation fees will be waived for Mosaic members and others on their itinerary.
- Earn fast – Earn 15,000 bonus points immediately upon qualifying for Mosaic.
- Even More® Space – Stretch out and relax by redeeming your points for an Even More Space seat.
- Even More® Speed – Cut down on the time it takes to get to your gate with complimentary access to an expedited security line.
- Early boarding – Be among the first to board and get early access to overhead bin space.
- Bonus points – Earn an additional 3 TrueBlue points per dollar on your JetBlue flight, for a total of up to 9 points per dollar if you book on jetblue.com
- 1st and 2nd bag free – Now when you fly, you and others on your itinerary can check both the first and second bags for free.
- Dedicated Customer Service Line – Access to a dedicated Customer Service Line available 24/7
The parts that I am most excited are the more speed, early boarding, and 2nd bag free (they already give first bag free). My family and I are flying on them at the end of an international trip and it will be nice to not have to pay for the extra bags (plus boarding early and being in the priority security line). BUT, the biggest thing I am excited about is the Earn Fast – 15,000 bonus points immediately upon qualifying for Mosaic. According to how I read everything, this status match and challenge does not exclude those who receive status that way from getting those 15,000 points. Anyone who is matched (because of status with other airlines) has qualified for Mosaic, as does anyone who meets the challenge. So, according to their wording and terms, if you match your competing airline status, you will receive 15,000 bonus points which equals around $210 in airfare!
Mosaic Status Match and Challenge
You have until April 18, 2014 to enroll for this status program (and status matches can take up to two weeks). In order to earn status for all of this year and next year, you will need to earn 3,750 base points during a 90 day period. To earn those points, spend a total of $1,250 on base airfare (before taxes and fees).
To match status from another airline, you must be one of the following elite levels:
- Alaska Airlines®: Mileage PlanTM MVP® Gold or MVP® Gold 75k
- American Airlines®: AAdvantage Platinum® or Executive Platinum®
- Delta®: SkyMiles Medallion® Gold, Platinum or Diamond
- Southwest®: Rapid Rewards® A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
- United®: MileagePlus® Premier® Gold, Platinum or Premier1K®
- US Airways®: Dividend Miles Preferred Gold, Platinum or Chair
You will need to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your JetBlue number and copies of your statement showing your elite level with one of the programs listed above. This needs to be done before April 18! I have already e-mailed them my United 1K information and am waiting now to see how long it takes to receive the confirmation.
If You Are Not Yet a JetBlue Member…
If you haven’t signed up yet, make sure you follow the information in this post to combine this offer with your flying to earn a total of 5,000 extra points!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.