A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the leaked date of Amazon Prime Day 2018. It turns out the leak was true! Here are the official details of the Amazon Prime Day 2018! Plus, you will be able to enjoy special deals at Whole Foods as well as deals that start right now.
It’s Official: Amazon Prime Day 2018 Details Announced
Link: Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Date: July 16 at 3PM ET
- End time: 11:59PM PT July 17
- Frequency: Sales every 5 minutes
- Who is Eligible: Amazon Prime Members
- Amazon Prime Day page
You will need to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of these deals. Find out more about that here.
Amazon Prime Day for Whole Foods
For the first time, U.S. Prime members will also be able to celebrate Prime Day at their local Whole Foods Market. Prime members can taste the savings on the high-quality natural and organic products they love on Prime Day (and a half), with an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items throughout Whole Foods Market stores, and deep discounts on select popular products.
Download the Whole Foods Market app and scan the Prime Code to start saving. In addition, from July 14 through 17, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa cardmembers with an eligible Prime membership will enjoy double the rewards – 10% Back – when shopping at Whole Foods Market on up to a total of $400 in purchases.
Deals Start Now
Every day leading up to Prime Day, members will discover all kinds of exclusive offers and deals. The following start today:
- Echo Show – Save $100 on Echo Show, which brings you everything you love about Alexa, and can show you things. Make video calls or watch video flash briefings, movies and TV shows, see music lyrics, smart home cameras, photos, weather forecasts, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Amazon Brands – Find our lowest prices on products from collections available exclusively on Amazon, including up to 25% off furniture and décor from Rivet and Stone & Beam, up to 20% off AmazonBasics items, and 30% off everyday essentials from Presto!, Mama Bear and Solimo, among others.
- Prime Video, DVDs and Blu-Ray – Save up to 50% on popular movies and TV shows on digital, DVD and Blu-Ray.
- Amazon Music – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium, on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs and hands-free listening, for just $0.99.
- Twitch Prime – Members can enjoy hundreds of hours of free gameplay as Twitch Prime gives away a free PC game every day through July 18, including titles like Pillars of Eternity and Brutal Legend. Members will also receive exclusive in-game loot for Warframe and PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- Kindle Unlimited and eBooks – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Kindle Unlimited will have access to three months of unlimited reading for just $0.99. Buy your first Kindle book and get a $10 Prime Day credit valid towards eBooks, print books and Audible.
- Audible – Eligible Prime members can get their first three months at more than 65% off for $4.95 a month.
This year’s Prime Day is a week later than prior years. Be ready for it by downloading the Amazon app to be notified of lightning deals and, of course, make sure you that you have Prime membership for this special day and a half!
My guess is that about 60-70% of the deals will not really be the killer deals one would associate with a Black Friday doorbuster. But, that other 30% will likely be some pretty good ones. There have been great deals in travel, luggage, and sports in years past and I will be right here doing deal posts that day for all of that!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.