The first Tuesday of 2020 comes with a new Southwest sale because, well, why not?! If you want to get some travel locked up – or save on existing travel – check out this new Southwest sale.
New Southwest Sale of the New Year
Link: Southwest Sale
Southwest Sale Details:
- 14-day advance purchase required for continental U.S. travel; 21-day advance purchase for all other travel.
- Purchase from January 7 through January 9, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid January 21 through March 7, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid January 28 through May 20, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 28 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
- International travel valid January 28 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
- Travel to/from HOU to/from CZM is valid March 7 through June 6, 2020.
No black out dates this time! This is nice since this schedule includes things like winter break and spring break. While prices may be higher at those times, at least Southwest isn’t blacking out those dates.
This time around, the cheapest mainland dates are not just on the West Coast but also from Atlanta to southeast cities. Starting at $49, there are some good city pair deals to find!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
Featured image courtesy TFoxFoto / Shutterstock.com