There has been much eagerness and speculation leading up to now about what is the date of Amazon Prime Day 2018. Well, now we have our answer! This is the big Black Friday sale of summer and it is now just a little more than 3 weeks away! Find out the details about the Amazon Prime Day of 2018.
The Leaked Date of Amazon Prime Day 2018
Three years ago, Amazon launched their first Prime Day and billed it as a kind of Black Friday in July. While the deals fell flat for some people the first year, each year they have gotten better and there were still tons of happy customers judging by the deals and how fast they went.
The Leaked Date
— TechRadar (@techradar) June 21, 2018
Apparently, the Amazon UK site had, on their home page, the banner for Amazon Prime Day 2018 yesterday – for just a short while before pulling it. TechRadar grabbed a screenshot of it and that is where we get our information for this date.
Most people thought it would be July 10 (which would be inline with past Amazon Prime Days), but there were a few that had been thinking July 17.
The date of July 17 for Amazon Prime Day 2018 makes perfect sense since the World Cup Finals will be over on the 15th. It would be a little rough for Amazon to try and launch their biggest solo sale of the year while many people are tracking their favorite games in the World Cup – especially since Amazon has been launching their Prime Day in other countries as well.
This Amazon Prime Day looks to be the longest yet at 36 hours, starting Monday during the day.
Link: 2018 Amazon Prime Day (not currently showing the date for Amazon Prime Day 2018 but it will update and show the date by next Friday, June 29)
- Date: July 17 (though some deals will start in the middle of July 16)
- End time: 11:59PM PT July 11
- Frequency: Sales every 5 minutes
- Who is Eligible: Amazon Prime Members
- Amazon Prime Day page
You will need to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of these deals. Find out more about that here.
Here were some of the early deals leading up to Prime Day last year:
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime Members can save up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited membership. Enjoy unlimited reading from more than 1 million titles on any device.
- Audible – Enjoy Audible for 40% off your first 6 months (just $8.95/mo for 6 months).
- Amazon Music Unlimited – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get the best deal in Amazon Music history: For just $0.99, enjoy four months of the full catalog, on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs.
- Everyday Essentials – Save up to 35% off with coupons on select everyday food and household items in Prime Pantry.
- Prime Video – Get a $10 credit to shop at Amazon.com on or before July 12 for streaming Prime Video on your TV for the first time. Restrictions apply. Learn more here
I will be doing a post on the best deals for travel and running products that day (plus some of my other favorite Amazon items!) so be sure to check back for the details!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.