I wrote about this last month but it ends today so if you had forgotten, bid now! The bidding is still really low!
Use Marriott Points for a Great, Complete Rio Marathon Package – with Hotel Stay, and More
This package was offered last year by SPG Moments but just for the 10K and 5K. This year, you can get the full marathon or the half marathon or a 10K/5K package. Both the marathon and half marathon packages include the same exact things (except for the race entry – each is for their own race) and here is what the packages have (link for the half marathon package | link for the full marathon package):
- A three-night stay at the Sheraton Grand Rio
- checking in 20 June and checking out 23 June 2019 for the half marathon
- checking in 21 June and checking out 24 June 2019 for the full marathon
- Transportation to and from the event
- VIP Access to the 21k Marathon (or marathon) on 22 June (June 23 for the marathon)
- Customized event shirt
- VIP area at race starting area with exclusive restrooms and storage area
- Race start with elite runners
- VIP area access at race finish
- Package is for two people
The bidding on both packages is started 40,000 points and ends today (April 19th) at 12:00PM ET (bidding is currently only a little over the starting bids.
All told, that is a pretty nice package, though I am not quire sure what I think about them making available the start with the elite runners. I just hope they keep the winner of these packages away from interfering with those elites, but that is certainly one cool start position! If that was me, I would definitely want a photo of that!
This is a great deal if you want to run a marathon in South America! Not only can you get a 3 night hotel stay for maybe as little as 15,000 Marriott points per night, but you also get the VIP marathon treatment for 2 people (this hotel actually costs 25,000 points per night if booked just as an award stay!)!
If the bidding goes too high for you or you missed this package, check out this one that ends next week for the 10k/5k.