If you can deal with carrying what you need in a carryon (and it is easier than you think!), act quickly and snag some awesome deals for flights from NYC to Athens! Plus, these deals are not just available for the winter months but are available for shoulder season (April-May and September-October) which is a great time to go to Greece, enjoy some sunshine, and get some great hotel deals!
Fly From NYC to Greece for Under $300 – Who Wouldn’t Want to Go?
Link: US to Greece from $282
The link above will take you to Google Flights where you can play around with a bunch of variables (like airlines, dates, even cities) to find a price and place that works for you. But, here is what you need to know.
- This deal is available with both Star Alliance and Oneworld Alliance airlines
- This deal is available only with Basic Economy
- This means you will pay for a checked bag (unless you have elite status)
- This means you will likely need to pay for seat selection
- This means that you may not be able to change your flight, even for a fee
- This deal is available from the last days of February until mid-May and start again in September through October
- Minimum stay is 5 days for some fares around the low $300s and 7 days for the cheaper ones
That’s it! Grab your credit card and start planning your trip to Greece for 2020! Also, even though these flights are just to Athens, remember to checkout Aegean’s extensive (and growing) route network. Chances are you can bounce around the country for not much and even hit some islands. Some of them will have hotels just opening/closing for the summer season and you should be able to take advantage of some good deals.
Also, consider Hyatt points as a great way to stay in Greece since there are now 30 Hyatt-connected properties around Greece, thanks to the SLH/Hyatt partnership!
Finally, if you have Aegean Gold, this is a great way to get your 4 Aegean flights in which cuts your requalification requirements to just 12,000 miles – for Star Alliance Gold with international lounge access.