Happy Monday! Hope your first week of May has gone well! Can you believe we are already into the 5th month of 2018? The time is flying by!
Chase has been making some interesting moves lately, some that are pro-customer and some that are pretty petty. Who knows what the rest of 2018 will bring in the credit card space.
Miles, Points, and Travel
- Aegean Made a Single, Stealth Award Change – This is not a big change but this is how all bad changes start – a small, stealthy change to an award chart that is not told to the customers. Be aware since there are some great sweet spots in the Aegean award calendar that we may wake up and find gone some day.
- New Amex Offers Including Hilton and Eurowings [Targeted] – Check out these new Amex Offers that are targeted to certain accounts. See if you are one of them. 🙂
- A New SPG Moments Auction For Madrid – Includes Stay at the Westin Palace – If you want to head to Madrid, this little SPG Moments package may be something that could give you a nice stay for less.
- How Is the WiFi on Qatar’s QSuites Planes? – Qatar is rolling out their QSuites-equipped planes and it seems they are rolling out a really great WiFi system on them as well. Find out how the WiFi is on the QSuites planes.
- This Cool Video Takes You From London – San Francisco In 4 Minutes – A380 Cockpit – Ever want to see what this kind of flight looks like from the pilots’ point of view? You can see the whole trip in just 4 minutes!
- Times are Changing – The credit cards and rewards space is changing and some things are tightening. Dustin takes a look at all of this and how he is adapting to the changing times.
- You Can Now Fly to One of the Most Remote Marathons In the World – Do you remember that very expensive airport that opened last year for a single commercial flight a week? That flight can help you get to one of the most remote marathons in the world – on the island of St. Helena.
- TSA Is Adding More Airlines to PreCheck But Not Fixing a Real Issue – TSA has added 6 new airlines to their pre-approved list but they need to really fix an issue that is affecting their members at airports around the country.
- 5 Great SPG Moment Packages for the Photographer – With Hotels! – Do you like photography? Check out these SPG auctions that will let you use your points for photographic experiences with hotel stays.
- New Aegean Airlines Sale: Up to 40% Off All International Destinations – This sale has a couple of days left so check it out!
- Best Ever Chase Sapphire Preferred Offer of 80,000 Ultimate Reward Points! – This offer is the best public offer on the Chase Sapphire Preferred yet! Check out the details of this offer.
- New Marriott Premier Plus Card Offer Is Also The Best SPG Point Offer – There is a new Marriott credit card – and it is the best SPG credit card offer as well right now.
- What Was Your Most Unusual Pre-Marathon Dinner? – The pre-marathon dinner is a tradition and full of carbs. But, some of those meals are a little unusual and not the normal pasta feeds. Here are mine – what are yours?
- 3 Negative Changes Coming to the Chase Sapphire Reserve – But Not That Bad – There are changes coming to the Chase Sapphire Reserve. They are not that bad but they are an indication of how penny-pinching Chase is being with this card.
- The Boston Marathon Prize Money Controversy, A Charter Airline That Went the Extra Mile, and More – Here is a roundup of some articles that I found interesting this past week.
That is it for this past week! Hope you have a great week and I appreciate you coming along for the ride with the posts here this week!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.