Welcome to this week’s summary! It was a good week in earning as we won 10,000 Starpoints in the Get Into The Game promo from SPG, picked up some more points thanks to some of you who used our SPG referral link, and all the rest of my AA miles posted that I had been waiting for (including my 60,000 miles from my matched AA credit card offer). Now comes the tough part – trying to figure out which awards to book with my AA miles before the devaluation strikes on March 22. Anyone else having that problem? 🙂
Miles, Points, & Travel
- New Amex Offer: Save 40% At Carabba’s & How To Maximize It – A new offer available from Amex Offers and hopefully you saved it! If you need one, I also have a generic 20% off coupon for Carabba’s that I can send to anyone as well. Stack that with gift cards purchased using this Amex Offer and you are well on your way to getting a great deal! Example – buy 3 $25 gift cards using 3 separate Amex cards for a total of $75 in gift cards (but only $45 spent). Now, use the 20% off coupon on a $100 meal to bring your meal total down to $80 and use your gift cards (plus $5) for a total out-of-pocket cost of $50 for a $100 meal! Not bad!
- The United Club Card Is About To Lose A Valuable Advantage – The United Club Card is United’s premium card with lounge access and elite-lite access. One of the big things going for it has been that you earn 1.5 United miles on every dollar spent. Well, that advantage in earning is about to disappear (not the feature, but the advantage it has over other Chase cards).
- JetBlue Wants Novices To Become Pilots – JetBlue Wants YOU! – Ever dream of becoming a pilot? Here’s your chance to do so! JetBlue is looking to add complete novices to their roster of pilots – you just need to pass the 4 years of training and pay the $125,000 for the schooling and you are guaranteed a first officer position out of school.
- How You Can Get 16% Back On American Airlines Tickets [Requires Targeted Offer] – [Expired] Though this set of stackable deals has expired, it may prove helpful to read this so you are in a good position next time this comes around to save quite a bit on your American Airline tickets.
- Great Deal: Garmin Forerunner 910XT $139 – This deal is still available and it is a great price! Thankfully, I went and used the $20 off from a sale the other day to grab it as I could not let it sit there at that price any longer. 🙂 It will end up being a gift, a giveaway item, or a backup – not sure yet. But, if you are looking for a fantastic GPS watch, this is a great deal.
- 3 Chase Cards To Keep To Earn Points Without Spending – Chase cards are about to get a lot harder to open for many of us which means we have to get smarter about how we earn points with Chase cards. Here are 3 Chase cards to keep that will help you to earn points without spending.
- 2 Day JetBlue Sale From $49 – [Expired] This sale is now expired but hopefully another will return this week (likely since it is St. Patrick’s week/timeframe and they seem to like to launch something then).
- Save Up To 30% Transferring AA Miles & Why You May Want To – If you need more AA miles before the devaluation, this is one way to do it and get a discount on the fees you pay to get the miles. Check out the how and why here.
- Southwest Fare Sale – Check Your Reservations! – [Expired] Another Southwest sale that made for a great opportunity to check previously made reservations to see if you could save any more money.
- Great Deal! Sign-Up For Google Fi & Get Nexus 5X For $199 – This is a really great deal if you value connectivity at a cheap price. Not only does Google Fi provide that in the US, but it also gives you cheap data abroad as well.
- 2 Interesting AA Awards To Book Before The Devaluation – While certainly not for everyone, these are 2 interesting AA awards you can book that might make your miles stretch further.
- Details About The New JetBlue Cards & If You Should Apply – The new JetBlue cards are out and this post shows you the details about these 3 new cards you could apply for – and whether you should right now.
- Non-Stop Options For Flying To Greece This Summer – Want to go to Greece this summer? Here are the non-stop options for flying to Greece and how you can book them with miles.
- Could 2016 Be The Best Year Ever For Chase & Amex Bonuses? – With the many changes in the credit card bonus world, we have seen a lot of negatives. But, could it be that 2016 is the best year ever for Chase and Amex bonuses?
- $850 Million Saved By A Typo, Chase Freedom Unlimited Is Available Now, & More News – Here is a roundup of some stories from the week that I found interesting to share.
- Act Fast: $20 Off $100+ Purchase At eBay (works on gift cards) – This deal is still live until 7PM PT/10PM ET so make you move fast to save some money on eBay!
And that is it for this week! Thanks for following along and I look forward to sharing more tips, deals, and posts this coming week!