The 2014 Winter Olympics have come to a close and it left the US taking in a total of 28 Olympic medals, which is 9 fewer than the 2010 Olympics. The breakdown was 9 Gold, 7 Silver, and 12 Bronze. Thanks to US Bank running their Olympic promo of adding to the regular sign-up bonus based on medals won by the US, applicants for the US Bank Flexperks Visa will receive a total of 27,450 Flexperks.
By themselves, they are not worth much more than the regular bonus of 20,000 Flexperks. This is because of the thresholds for redemption that US Bank has set. However, once you factor in the 3,500 points that would be earned for the $3,500 minimum spending for the bonus, it will give you at least 30,950 points (more if you do your spending in bonus categories). That just gives you enough to take this increased bonus offer to a value of up to $600 for airfare! Not too bad! One note: You must apply by March 7,2014!
Here are the details about the card:
application link – US Bank FlexPerks Visa Card (I do not receive a commission for this card)
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent everywhere
- Earn Double FlexPoints for every $1 spent on gas, grocery or airline purchases – whichever you spend most on each monthly billing cycle – and on most cell phone expenses. (Business Travel cardmembers earn Double FlexPoints for every $1 spent on airline purchases, gas or office supplies.)
- Earn Triple Flexpoints for charitable donations
- $0 fee first year ($49 after that)
- Earn the full bonus after spending $3,500 in 4 months.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.