Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to rack up serious miles and points. Unfortunately, most of the high earning ones (like magazines.com) are offering a product that is much higher than what you can pay for it anywhere else. To balance it out, though, certain retailers will run a short promotional rate that adds huge incentive to shop with them.
Earn 16 United Miles Per Dollar!
I am not a big fan of Sears after the last promo they had that I tried to take advantage of (you can read about it here). However, given the opportunity to earn 16 United miles per dollar, I think I am being pulled back! Now I am just trying to figure what I should buy – and to buy several thousand dollars worth of it. 🙂
To start, head over to the United MileagePlus shopping portal – here.
Here are the details:
- Earn 12 United miles per dollar spent at Sears (if you do not have the United MileagePlus credit card)
- Earn 16 United miles per dollar spent at Sears (if you do have the United MileagePlus credit card – you do not need to use it, though!)
- Purchases must be made between today (October 8) and tomorrow (October 9)
- Miles will post 6-8 weeks after the purchases are made (to make certain returns are not made after miles post)
- The terms on the page say that gift card purchases are now eligible (as of October 4)
- Purchases must be made from Sears – not Marketplace sellers or KMart
- Cannot use coupons or discount codes unless they are on the Sears website
Two days is not a whole lot of time to find what you are looking for to really take advantage of this offer. So, a great way to take advantage of this is to buy Sears gift cards (physical gift cards to receive through the mail) that you can use later as you begin your Christmas shopping. In fact, according to Frequent Miler, you can use those gift cards later to go back through a shopping portal to earn more miles/points!
A great part about this is that you can use any credit card for these purchases and still get the miles (to get the 16 miles per dollar, you just need to have the United MileagePlus credit card). So, in my case, I plan on using my Delta Reserve credit card to help with my year-end rush to hit a spending threshold for my elite miles. At the same time, I am trying to find some product that I can sell online. With a deal like this, I do not mind taking a small loss on each item – that translates to purchasing miles but at a very low cost.
This is the best Sears portal deal I have seen and the combination of it being United (who’s miles are some of the most valuable) and Sears (a store which stocks a large variety of items) makes this something everyone should take advantage of. If you do not want to go in big, you can still try to do some Christmas shopping over the next couple of days.
Here is an example of what you could earn – let us use some easy numbers:
- Purchase $2,000 of items or Sears gift cards
- Use your favorite credit card (in my case, for this purchase, I will use my Delta Reserve card)
- Earn a total of 32,000 United miles (which is more than 1 ticket in the US or a one-way to Europe)
- Earn a total of 2,000 Delta miles from the credit card spending
Given that most bloggers put the value of United miles around 2 cents per mile, this incredible promo gives you a staggering 32% cashback value on your Sears purchases! Head over to the United MileagePlus shopping portal and get spending!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.