Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
You saw in the previous post about signing up for the various frequent flyer programs. Now you get to put one of them to use for you. Chances are, when you signed up for your United Mileage Plus number, you saw a banner on the United page inviting you to sign up for a credit card to receive a 40,000 mile bonus. DON’T SIGN-UP for that one!
If you have any miles at all (minimum of 100) on Continental, now is the time that you want to transfer them to United. The reason is that it appears that if you have a minimum of 100 miles in your United account, you will see a banner offer for 60,000 miles instead of the 40,000 miles. It should be noted that the 40,000 mile offer is 30,000 miles after first purchase and an additional 10,000 miles after $25,000 spending in your first year – so really just 30,000 miles. For the 60,000 mile offer, it is 50,000 miles after first purchase and the additional 10,000 after spending $25,000 in your first year. Again, consider this one a 50,000 mile offer. That 50,000 mile offer is very, very good! It is just shy of the miles you would need for a ticket to Europe and is enough miles for 2 tickets in the US.
This is not my link, so I cannot guarantee that you will receive these 50,000 miles. If you take screenshots of the offer (press Alt+PrntScr and copy in the Paint program), you should be ok.
Click this link after signing into your account.
Here are the details regarding the card:
- Earn up to 60,000 bonus award miles (again, 50,000 miles after first use, 10,000 more after spending $25,000 in a calendar year)
- No annual fee first year ($95 after)
- First checked bag for free for you and your companion when you fly United and Continental-operated flights
- Priority Boarding Privileges (you’ll be invited to board your flight ahead of general boarding with priority boarding)
- Receive two passes for the United Club every year
- Earn double miles on United purchases (1 mile per $1 for everything else)
- Your miles do not expire
- APR 14.24%
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.