In the midst of Amazon’s Prime Day (and all the other retailers following suit – kind of like a real summer Black Friday), Southwest will not be left out as they release a new sale. This one will stick around longer than most and offers sale prices through the middle of December! That means you have a lot of time to plan and lock up your fall travel!
Southwest Sale Lands – Fares From $42 Good Through December
Link: Southwest Sale
- Book from July 11 through July 27, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid August 22 through December 13, 2017.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through November 2, 2017.
- International travel valid August 22 through December 13, 2017.
- Black out Dates: Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out September 1, September 4, November 21-22 & November 25-27, 2017. Sale fares from international destinations blacked out November 28, 2017.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service
This sale has some pretty decent coverage with over a month of summer included and just about reaching into the official start of winter (though by December 13, many people in the north will be only too happy to escape to the south for some warmer weather!).
Book With Southwest Points For Good Value
Like all other Southwest sales, these cheap prices can also be used to redeem with points. For example, a $42 fare would cost 1,861 points and $5.60 – a decent value of 1.95 cents per point!
Check Your Reservations to Save Money/Points!
The real benefit of these sales is for you to check your existing Southwest reservation and see if the fare is any cheaper right now. This is very common because many people will book as far out as they can when the schedule opens to ensure they have the flight. Then, with Southwest’s generous cancellation/change policy, you can make changes to the reservation and always make sure you are booked at the lowest price.
Cancellation and Change Policy
If you have already booked your tickets in the past, you can still take advantage of the sale. Southwest has the best cancellation/rebooking policy of the US airlines. Basically, as long as you cancel by 10 minutes before the flight, you get the points back in your account for free and with no penalty. That means you are free to make any changes you want without any problems or loss of points or cash!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.