Southwest Airlines is running another fare sale – $49 and up! I used this type of promo earlier this year to fly to Washington DC with some friends for a total of 4,400 Rapid Reward points plus $5 each (or $97.80 if purchased with cash). These are great fare sales!
Southwest Fare Sale $49 and Up
This is a distance based fare sale – it is broken down like this:
- $49 – 0 – 500 miles
- $99 – 501 – 1,000 miles
- $129 – 1,001 – 1,500 miles
- $149 – 1,501 + miles
This sale is only valid on non-stop flights. This is not a terrible thing given Southwest’s route network that works to fight against the hub/spoke model (in other words, they have multiple flights between city pairs that are not main focus cities – like Fort Lauderdale to Tampa). Another great thing about this sale is that you can use your Rapid Reward points since they are tied to the ticket cost. So, at the lowest level ($49 each way) a one-way award ticket will cost 2,280 points. That is very cheap!
Here are the details about the sale:
- Available only on southwest.com or swabiz.com.
- Purchase from Oct. 8 through Oct. 10, 2013, 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel Dec. 4 through Dec. 18, 2013 and Jan. 7 through Feb. 12, 2014.
- Travel valid every day except Fridays & Sundays.
- Some flights operated by AirTran® Airways. Available on published, scheduled service only.
- Fares valid on nonstop service only.
- Displayed prices include all government taxes and fees.
- Seats are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Offer not available for San Juan.
- Fares are available for one-way travel.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Fares are not combinable with Senior Fares.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines.
- Fares are not available through Group Desk.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel requires an upgrade to the Anytime Fare.
- Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
- Offer applies to published, scheduled service only.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.