The time for shopping portal bonuses is here (American has one as well that should be out later today) and United is the first big portal to step out with public offers of thousands of extra miles to go with your regular earnings when shopping.
Pick Up An Extra 6,000 United Miles By Shopping
The United MileagePlus shopping portal is offering 6,000 extra miles that are on top of any miles that you would earn with the shopping portal anyway. Here is how it breaks down:
- Spend $150, earn 500 bonus miles
- Spend $350, earn 1,500 bonus miles
- Spend $650, earn 3,000 bonus miles
- Spend $1,250, earn 6,000 bonus miles
With many retailers issuing bonus increases during this shopping season, it is not unreasonable to assume you could get an average of 4-5 miles per dollar on retailers through the portal. That means that you would pick up for your spending of $1,250 a total of 10,000 – 12,250 United miles!
Terms and Details (bolding mine):
- Promo runs from November 8, 2015 – November 24, 2015 at 11:59:59 pm ET
- You will receive a one-time bonus of up to 6,000 bonus award miles on qualifying purchases
- Bonus miles will be issued based on cumulative qualifying purchases made during the bonus period
- 500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150
- 1,500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of at least $350
- 3,000 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of at least $650
- 6,000 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of $1,250 or more
- Returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products are not included in the bonus award miles eligibility calculation
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.