Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
The other day, I wrote about how United Airlines was running a special mileage sale where you could redeem 60,000 United miles for roundtrip travel from the US/Canada to Sydney, Australia. At the time, it was only open for United credit cardholders and United elite members. Good news – it is now open for all to book!
Now Open For All: 60,000 United Miles For Travel To Sydney
Here are the details of this sale that spans almost 5 months of travel to Sydney, Australia:
Book: January 4 – January 28, 2016
- Travel: February 2, 2016 – June 22, 2016
- Pay 60,000 miles for travel on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- Pay 64,000 miles for travel on Fridays or Saturdays
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada and Sydney, Australia.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- The discounted Saver Awards are available to all MileagePlus members.
- Sale page is here
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.