A new American Airlines bonus promo is out if you need to buy miles. Buying airline miles is rarely a great move but sometimes can be a good deal if you have a particular award in mind or need to top up. In that case, this bonus promo may work for you.
New American Airlines Buy Miles Promo – Get Up to 50,000 Bonus Miles and 10% Off
Buy Miles Promo Details:
- To be eligible for a the bonus miles and discount AAdvantage members must purchase 20,000 AAdvantage miles or more in a single transaction from the Buy or Gift Miles program beginning 12:00:00am CT on September 25, 2017 to 11:59:59pm CT on September 30, 2017.
- The prices shown include the discount.
- The discount applies to the AAdvantage miles purchased and does not apply towards taxes or the $30 transaction processing fee.
- The bonus miles earned are calculated based on each individual purchase amount and the corresponding bonus award.
- Bonus miles earned do not count toward the annual purchase limits.
It is a tiered bonus and is structured as pictured below:
If you were to max out the promo, it would cost you a total of $4,311 for 200,000 AA miles. That pegs the value per mile 2.15 cents per mile. That is far from a great deal but if you are looking at a particular award that would cost a lot more and you don’t mind spend the cash for the miles, it could work.
They start the bonus at 20,000 miles so you are not really benefiting much if you are just trying to add a few thousand to top up.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.