Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn miles on a consistent basis. In fact, you can often earn far more by shopping online sitting at home than you would by sitting on an airplane! 🙂 And for a couple more days, you can earn double Avios with this special bonus offer.
Limited Time: Earn Double Avios Shopping Online – Up to 35 Avios Per Dollar
Double Avios Promo Details:
- The Double Avios offer is valid from 00:01 Thursday 5 October 2017 and 23:59 Sunday 8 October 2017
- Members will receive double the standard Avios collection rate with selected online retailers*, all In Store retailers are excluded (see this link to find the excluded retailers – scroll to the bottom of that page)
- An Eligible purchase is where one Avios or more is collected through purchases made via the British Airways Avios eStore only.
- Purchases made directly in the Partners stores will not qualify for the double Avios award.
- Certain exclusions apply, see individual retail pages within the Avios eStore for details.
- All Avios will be added to your account within 35 (thirty-five) days.
This deal can be made sweeter by checking for any merchants that currently have ongoing Amex Offers and stacking them for bigger savings.
The biggest bonus available during this period thanks to the double bonus is up to 35 Avios per dollar (Magazineline). There are several interesting retailers with the double bonus applying to them so look through the list to pick out your favorite and get shopping! Remember, not all retailers are at the double amount.
The Value of British Airways Avios
Even though British Airways basically eliminated the first tier of distances for reward redemptions for US flights (the lowest price is 7,500 Avios for one way flights up to 1,151 miles), there is still a lot of value to be had.
I recently redeemed for a few flights that were costing over $450 – but it only cost 7,500 Avios each. That is a handy redemption value of 6 cents per Avios!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.