Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Yesterday, I wrote about the great new hike on the SPG cards from American Express. There are many people who feel that SPG points are overrated, but I do love their flexibility. Not only that, but given how hard they are to earn (1 Starpoint per dollar spent on the card), a 10,000 boost on the public sign-up offer is definitely worth taking note of!
But, what if you already have the card? Well, you cannot get the bonus again but you can get your SPG referral links and earn 5,000 points for every successful application through that link! Great news indeed! Even better news is that after you find out how to get those links, make sure you come back here and leave them in the comments below so other readers can sign-up through your links and you both can win.
How To Get Your SPG Referral Links
- Log in to your American Express account
- Enter the name and e-mail address of the person you are referring
- That’s it! Just wait for the 5,000 points from each successful application!
Getting the Actual Link
If you would rather just get the link, you can simply send an e-mail to yourself. Once you receive the e-mail, click the Apply Now button and it will take you to your browser with the application. Go to the address bar and copy the whole website address. That is your entire referral link and what you can share.
SPG Referral Details
- The personal offer will be for earning 25,000 Starpoints after spending $3,000 in 3 months and then an additional $2,000 in the first 6 months
- The business offer will be for earning 25,000 Starpoints after spending $5,000 in 3 months and then an additional $3,000 in the first 6 months
- You, the referrer, can earn up to 55,000 Starpoints by referral in a calendar year
- The referred must apply through the link you send by 4/5/2017
- You must have a personal card to refer the personal and a business card to refer the business card.
Leave Your Referrals Here!
As is my practice, I like to help readers support other readers and so I let you leave your referral links in these posts. But, it can get quite confusing sometimes with the amount of links left so I do want to leave a couple of rules:
- Only leave SPG referral links here (all other referral links will be deleted)
- Specify whether it is for the business or personal
- While you can leave your link below, it might make it easier for you to track (and keep it cleaner in the comments) if you simply leave your e-mail address for people to contact you for a referral
- Leave a little note about what you want to do with the points! Make it personal for those who may sign-up through your links!
I know, rules might not be very fun but I do want to keep it orderly. If you do not follow rule 1 and 2 above, I will delete your comment.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.