Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Hilton Gold status has to be one of the most useful mid-tier hotel statuses around. It offers quite a few benefits, one of them being the best benefit of any mid-tier status! And now, one lucky reader will be able to get Hilton Gold status!
Hilton Gold Status
The Best Benefit
There are several benefits that come with Hilton Gold status, but probably my favorite is the free breakfast! That has saved us hundreds of dollars on our Hilton stays (though, we would not have paid for breakfast at those hotels if we did not have the status) and has been something that is a great perk to count on. Before my Hyatt Diamond, if I was trying to decide between hotel chains, Hilton hotels were going to be my choice because of that free breakfast.
Here is the breakdown on Hilton Gold:
- Require 40 Nights / 20 Stays / 75,000 Base Points per calendar year
- 25% elite point bonus
- 5th Night Free on reward nights of 5 nights or more
- Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs
- Two complimentary bottles of water per stay
- eCheck-in – check-in up to 24 hours in advance
- Complimentary in-room internet access
- MyWay Gold Membership Hotel Benefits (which includes free breakfast)
Getting Hilton Gold
In truth, not only is Hilton Gold status one of the best mid-tier statuses, but it is also one of the easiest statuses to achieve. You can pick up Hilton Gold status by holding one of two Hilton credit cards (the Hilton Citi Reserve or the Hilton Surpass from American Express). For a short time last year, you could also pick up Hilton Gold by holding the American Express Platinum card. It has also been available in times past as part of the Milepoint Premium Membership package. So, it is pretty easy to pick up – and hold! I know many people who held Hilton Gold status for several years after they had canceled the card that gave it to them!
Do you already have it?
So, what if you already have Hilton Gold status? Should you still enter this giveaway? Absolutely! Because the winner of the giveaway can designate any person they want to receive this Hilton Gold status! This could be a nice gift for someone who has an upcoming trip and does not have any status!
Here are the rules:
- The giveaway will end at 11:59PM EST Monday (August 4th)
- You may enter once per person
- Your comment must tell what is your favorite hotel (it does not have to be a Hilton!)
- You must live in the US
- The winner will be randomly drawn, courtesy of Random.org
- I will post on Tuesday who the winner is
- Hilton is not sponsoring this and all decisions are made by me and final
Good luck and thanks for reading!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.