Unless noted, none of the links below are affiliate links. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
This Friday, I am running the Tel Aviv Marathon. Just like when I ran the Dubai Marathon, I am having another giveaway to reward some person for guessing the time closest to my actual finishing time. Last time, I had a specific goal in mind and it was fun to see all the different guesses that came in. This time, it really is a wildcard. This marathon is being done solely as a review race and I do not have any time expectations or goals. If I had a different marathon in Dubai, I might be better situated for this but I took a bit of time off from running after that to allow my body to recover from a grueling training program. So, your guess is as good as mine!
Guess My Time!
You do not need to know anything about running to participate in this giveaway – just take a guess in hours and minutes. To give everyone an even chance, here is some pertinent information:
- A marathon is a distance of 26.2 miles
- My slowest marathon (trail marathon) was 5 hours and 11 minutes
- My fastest marathon (St. George – road marathon) was 3 hours and 35 minutes
- My last marathon (Dubai) went badly and I did it in 3:52
- Good chance for high temps and humidity (I do not do well in humidity!)
- I have done minimal running since my last marathon 5 weeks ago.
What am I giving away? For the winner of the giveaway, I will be giving away one $25 Amazon Gift Card.
- I will give a prize to the person who ends up with the closest guess to my actual time.
- You can give your guess in this format: h:mm:ss.
- You do not need to give seconds but in the case of a tie, the winner will be chosen based on how close the guess was in seconds.
- A valid entry would look something like this – 3:35 or 3:35:43
- Each person can enter once per day
- The giveaway will run through Thursday, February 27 at 7:00PM (EST)
- I will contact the winner(s) by Sunday, March 1st
- Have fun and thanks for entering! The race is Friday, February 28th at 6:30AM (EST + 7 hours). Hope you pull for me!