This post contains links from my partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
This Friday, I am running the Tel Aviv Marathon. Just like when I ran the Dubai Marathon, I am having another giveaway to reward some person for guessing the time closest to my actual finishing time. Last time, I had a specific goal in mind and it was fun to see all the different guesses that came in. This time, it really is a wildcard. This marathon is being done solely as a review race and I do not have any time expectations or goals. If I had a different marathon in Dubai, I might be better situated for this but I took a bit of time off from running after that to allow my body to recover from a grueling training program. So, your guess is as good as mine!
Guess My Time!
You do not need to know anything about running to participate in this giveaway – just take a guess in hours and minutes. To give everyone an even chance, here is some pertinent information:
- A marathon is a distance of 26.2 miles
- My slowest marathon (trail marathon) was 5 hours and 11 minutes
- My fastest marathon (St. George – road marathon) was 3 hours and 35 minutes
- My last marathon (Dubai) went badly and I did it in 3:52
- Good chance for high temps and humidity (I do not do well in humidity!)
- I have done minimal running since my last marathon 5 weeks ago.
What am I giving away? For the winner of the giveaway, I will be giving away one $25 Amazon Gift Card.
- I will give a prize to the person who ends up with the closest guess to my actual time.
- You can give your guess in this format: h:mm:ss.
- You do not need to give seconds but in the case of a tie, the winner will be chosen based on how close the guess was in seconds.
- A valid entry would look something like this – 3:35 or 3:35:43
- Each person can enter once per day
- The giveaway will run through Thursday, February 27 at 7:00PM (EST)
- I will contact the winner(s) by Sunday, March 1st
- Have fun and thanks for entering! The race is Friday, February 28th at 6:30AM (EST + 7 hours). Hope you pull for me!