No surprise here – another Southwest sale is here. But, this is definitely one of the better ones. It is not the great $49 Southwest sale that we see twice each year but it isn’t like the normal ones either. There are a lot of great deals under $50 so check it out!
Great New Southwest Sale from $40
New Southwest Sale Details:
- Book from August 21 through August 24, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic Travel valid September 5, 2017, through February 14, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through December 7, 2017, and January 16 through March 1, 2018.
- International travel valid September 12 through December 13, 2017, and January 9 through February 28, 2018.
- Blackout Dates: Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out November 21-22, November 26, December 21-23, December 26-27, December 30-31, 2017, January 1-2, 2018.
- Domestic travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Better Sale Than It Appears!
Make sure you do not just take the prices on the sale page as the final price! When I was doing some research for this sale, I found many city pairs with prices much lower than the printed price. One instance is Atlanta – Baltimore. The listed price is $85 but many dates are available for $54.
Also, do not take the blackout dates as being firm either! Again, with the above example, the listed price of $85 is available, even on the blackout dates. So, make sure you poke around and see what the true prices are for your desired travel.
Book With Southwest Points For Good Value
Like all other Southwest sales, these cheap prices can also be used to redeem with points. For example, a $42 fare would cost 1,861 points and $5.60 – a decent value of 1.95 cents per point!
Read More: 3 Reasons Southwest Sales Are Important
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.