Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
One Mile At A Time just shared this morning that Best Western has released their details for the spring promo. When combined with the great American Express Offer, it is possible to get some nice deals from this combo.
Best Western Promo
This promo gives a $50 Best Western Travel Card for staying twice at Best Western hotels. While I realize not everyone stays at Best Westerns all the time, I have stayed at quite a few and they are great places to stay in when there are no other options around. In fact, they even have their more upscale Premier properties available as well.
- Two stays must be completed between April 6 – May 25, 2015
- Best Western Rewards members who have qualified for the promotion and have a valid email address in their account profile will receive a virtual (by email) $50 Travel Card usually within 2-3 weeks after they have completed the second qualified stay. The member must have a valid email address on file for award delivery.
- You must register for this promo here
- Each Best Western Rewards member can earn only one (1) $50 Travel Card during the promotion period
- The $50 Travel Card must be redeemed on or before September 7, 2015 at a Best Western branded hotel.
American Express has an offer available for Best Western. It is an offer of $20 back after spending $100 or more at Best Western properties.
Log in to your American Express account and click on any of the cards you have in the account. Scroll down to the Offers portion and you should see the following offer waiting for you! Note: I only had this offer available on two of my four cards.
Here are the details:
- Must be used by May 18, 2015
- Spend a total of $100+ on all room charges, including room rate, at Best Western® branded properties in the US including Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
- Enrollment limited (in other words, save this offer to your card now)
To maximize it, add the offer to separate cards, simply login to your American Express account and then choose to duplicate the tab (if using Google Chrome) as many times as you have cards. Once they are all open, select a different Amex card in each tab and select to save the offer to the card.
Putting It Together For Great Savings
Best Westerns can normally be had quite cheap. There are many available around the US and, if you use separate Amex cards tied to the offer, you could use one card for each stay. If you just met the minimum of $100, you would receive a $20 statement credit on each stay plus receive the $50 Best Western card after your second stay.
To put it together, the total cost would be $200 but you would receive $40 back in statement credits and then a $50 Best Western gift card for a total of $110 out of pocket. Of course, you could always mix it up a little too. If you had a two night stay somewhere at a very cheap Best Western, you could use the Amex Offer for that and then just pay for another cheap stay (some in the $30s).
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.