The IHG credit card has long had a split personality. There was one offer that was the “official” offer (it has a landing page with an explanation of the offer) and offered 60,000 IHG points and the “unofficial” offer (no landing page, right to an application page with no mention of the offer) that offered 80,000 IHG points.
Now, that barrier has come down and the 80,000 IHG offer has received an official landing page and offers a $50 statement credit!
EDIT: A reader pointed out that when you click the Apply button, it says the offer is not available and redirects to the 60K offer. This link was just added to the wiki recently so it may be possible that it is not meant to be live yet. I will leave this post up as the link may come online shortly.
My apologies for the confusion. I saw the link at the Flyertalk wiki and had not thought to click through to apply at this time. I will edit the post when the application link is working. If anyone notices it being valid before I do that, please let us know in the comments!
80,000 IHG Points and $50 Statement Credit
– 80,000 IHG Flyertalk Link (to get the latest offer, this link takes you to the Flyertalk page. The most current link is at the top of the wiki)
- Receive a $50 statement credit after your first purchase
- Receive 80,000 IHG points after spending $1,000 in 3 months
- Receive top tier Platinum status as long as you hold the card
- Receive an annual free night certificate for any hotel
- Receive an introductory $0 annual fee for the first year, $49 every year after
- 5X – Earn 5 points per $1 spent when you stay at IHG hotels
- 2X – Earn 2 points per $1 on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores & restaurants
- 1X – Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- 10% – Automatic 10% point rebate
- You are eligible to receive this bonus as long as you do not currently have the card and it has been at least 24 months since you last received the bonus
With the IHG Point Break hotels, this bonus can get you a potential 16 free nights at various hotels! By far, that is the best offer for potential free nights with hotel credit cards!
This is a tremendous bonus! Even though everyone that applied through the old page received the bonus, it is really nice to see an official landing page this time. Plus, you get the $50 statement credit! Since there is no annual fee for the first year, you are automatically coming out $50 ahead!
“The information for the this product has been collected independently. The card details for this product have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer”
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.