This is a very interesting, and lucrative, offer from Amex Offers. Instead of a cash back component, my American Express Platinum card showed a large increase in payout on the points awarded for purchases.
Get 6,000 Membership Reward Points For $400 Spend At Saks Fifth Avenue
First of all, this is a targeted offer. It will only appear on your Membership Reward earning cards.
Great Offer – 15X points on $400 spend plus portal bonuses!
The offer itself is very lucrative. Since you do not have to go to a particular website to make this work (any orders at Saks will work), you can go through a cashback portal first – more points or cash back!
One of the best payouts right now is from TopCashBack with 10% cash back. Combine that with the 15x points we are receiving from this Amex Offer (for a straight $400 purchase) and you will be getting $40 cash back and 6,000 Amex points which are worth at least $100 in great redemptions.
In addition, you can use code SAKSAFF10 to get another 10% off your order and that will work with your TopCashBack payout!
Breakdown of Deal
So, here is how the math stacks up:
- Go through TopCashBack
- Put $450 or more in your cart
- Apply code SAKSAFF10 for 10% off – now down to $405
- Pay with your saved American Express card
- Receive $40 back from TopCashBack
- Receive 6,400 Membership Reward points
- Get $450 worth of merchandise for $355 and over $100 worth of Membership Reward points!
- Spend $400, receive 6,000 Membership Reward points
- Expires 9/24
- Targeted (check your Platinum cards, Premier Rewards Gold card, Business Gold card, and Everyday cards)
- Enrollment limited – so save it right now!
- Excludes Lord & Taylor, Herbergers, Club Libby, Proffits, Bergners, Parisian, Younkers, McRaes, Carson Pirie Scott, and Boston Store
This is a tremendous offer giving you 15X Membership Reward points if you spend exactly $400. You could buy gift cards (though you may not receive a portal payout) and resell them. It would cost you about $65, so take that into consideration. If you are ok buying Membership Reward points at 1 cent each, that is a quick way to make it work.
Or, you could just start your Christmas shopping now! Going through the portal will get you the cashback and then you will be 6,000 points richer!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.