Of course, at Running with Miles, we love earning miles, traveling with them, and running! But, it is great when those things combine as they did with this new Aegean promo. If you have plans to be in Europe in March (maybe via Emirates new non-stop route from the US!), you could earn up to 4,200 Aegean miles and get a nice discount on these races! It is just a short hop to Cyrpus!
Get Discount &Earn Aegean Miles for Running these Races
Yes, these races are just a few short weeks away, but if you wanted a quick getaway and actually earn miles for running a race, this is a great way to do it! Aegean has partnered with the Limassol Marathon to offer Miles+Bonus members award miles for finishing their races and will give you a discount when signing up! Please note: you must complete the race you register for to earn the miles!
Here are the details:
- Marathon (
€60,00–> €36,00) – 4,200 award miles
- Half Marathon (
€45,00–> €27,00) – 2,100 award miles
- Petrolina 10km Energy Race (
€30,00–> €18,00) – 1,000 award miles
- 5km City Race (
€30,00–> €18,00) – 500 award miles
The crossed out amount is what anyone who is not an Aegean Miles+Bonus member would have to pay (free to sign up so you should just do that!) and the discount is awesome! I mean, it is not often that you can pay less than $40 to run a marathon!
But, the entry fee aside, the fact that you can actually earn miles by finishing these races is just fantastic! If you are not familiar with Aegean’s award program, make sure you check this link, but they have some great spots on their award chart!
If you were to purchase those miles, it would cost you €.025 per mile. So, the award miles for completing the marathon would cost you over $100 to purchase (not that you should, just giving context!). I always get a minimum of 3 cents per mile out of my Aegean miles (I mostly redeem for transatlantic business class on Star Allliance carriers for only 45,000 miles one way) so this is a great award! Also, it is about 10% of the miles you would need for a one way business class ticket between the US and Europe – not bad for running a race! If you need to, you can transfer SPG points to Aegean miles.
Let’s take this even further! Aegean allows you to pool miles (for elite members). So, what if you want to take a family vacation (or bring some friends along) to beautiful Cyprus and run a race? If you had 2 people running the marathon and 2 people running the half marathon, you could pool the total of 12,600 miles in a single elite account! Plus, it could be a nice way to push your whole family into doing the full marathon (“c’mon! we will earn 3,700 more miles if you run the marathon instead of the 5K!”). 🙂
Try Out Emirates’ New US Route
Starting March 12, Emirates will begin flying between Newark and Athens non-stop with a 3 class 777. Tickets are at an introductory low right now (around $530 for that timeframe) and it would be a nice chance to try out Emirates on a new route! Once you are in Athens, it is only a $50 roundtrip ticket to Cyprus!
If I was able to, I would totally pop down there to run this marathon! Not only would I do it for the marathon but also for those valuable miles! 🙂
Terms: bolding mine
- It is clarified that the miles granted are award miles and not tier miles.
- Participants are eligible to miles accrual as long as they successfully complete the race they have been registered to.
- Miles can be granted only to active Miles+Bonus members, whose registration data are perfectly matching the data of their Miles+Bonus account.
- In case a participant does not have a Miles+Bonus account and wishes to benefit from the discount and the miles accrual, he/she should create one here – before registering in the Marathon.
- Participants are responsible for the full and proper completion of the submission of their data.
- Miles are strictly personal and cannot be transferred or assigned to any third party.
- Miles do not bear any commercial value and cannot be exchanged for money.
- Miles will be credited to the participant’s accounts within 10 working days from the Marathon.
- Registration to the Marathon using the Miles+Bonus benefits, presupposes and entails unreserved acceptance of all above rules.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.