You probably already have your reservation locked down for the actual marathons below but maybe you are still waiting for the best airfare prices! This is that time to buy your tickets for the 7 marathons below!
Book Your Flights Now For These 7 Marathons
Link: $49 Southwest Sale
Southwest’s great twice-a-year sale is going on now and will only be here for another 2 days. If you want to lock in some great prices, now is the time to book – especially since you can always change (or even cancel!) for free!
This is definitely a useful sale for you if you are running any of these 7 big marathons:
- Chicago Marathon – October 8 | Chicago-Midway (MDW)
- Baltimore Marathon – October 21 | Baltimore (BWI)
- Marine Corps Marathon – October 22 | Reagan National (DCA) or Baltimore (BWI)
- Las Vegas Marathon – November 12 | Las Vegas (LAS)
- Philadelphia Marathon – November 19 | Philadelphia (PHL)
- California International Marathon – December 3 | Sacramento (SMF)
- Dallas Marathon – December 10 | Dallas Love Field (DAL)
So, why these 7 marathons for this Southwest sale? Because each of those marathons are located in/near a city that is a major focus city of Southwest and that translates to some of the best sale prices. I have listed the city options near the races above to help you search.You can get some great deals starting at only $49 for a one way – and some other airlines are even matching on those routes!
However, with Southwest, you get free bags, free changes (only pay the difference in fare), free cancellation – basically, you can book and not worry about if something happens in training or if you need to change to a later flight down the road. That is the peace of mind that can help when gearing up for a race and it does not cost you anything extra with Southwest!
Here are the details about this sale:
Link: $49 Southwest Sale
$49 Southwest Sale Details:
- Book from June 6 through June 8, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid August 22 through December 13, 2017
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through December 7, 201
- International travel valid August 22 through December 13, 2017.
- Domestic Blackout Dates: September 1, September 4, & November 17-28, 2017.
- Sale fares to international destinations blacked out September 1-2 and November 18-20, 2017
- Sale fares from international destinations blacked out September 4-6 and November 25-28, 2017.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
- International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
Good luck and go ahead and get that flight booked for your race!
Featured image – Chicago Marathon | Max Herman via Shutterstock
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.